Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Third Party

Posted by Ling | Labels: Best Blogger Tips
My recently-turned 8-month boy likes to bunk in with me and the hubby these days on our King bed.

Please don't be mistaken, I have been putting the boy in his cot ever since Day 1. I have been most adamant about not sharing our bed with him. I have a thing about not letting baby come between the hubby and I (on the bed literally), yet nowadays I found myself eating my words. Somehow he feels comforted sleeping alongside the both of us, and falls asleep quicker.

I am well able to handle the pat-put back in cot-pat-put back in cot routine when Jaeden fusses at night but come 5-ish in the morning, where my threshold of endurance dips the lowest, that's where I always cave in - and simply plonk the boy between the two of us and force my way back to dreamland. 5am is not a decent time to be awake. 5am is when I'll make a desperate attempt to convince my body that I can still catch some quality shuteye before the sky breaks at 6. 

I wonder, is this a 'phase thing'?
Does this mean that Jaeden is going to be the new permanent resident on our couple bed till sleep training begins?
I was mighty pleased with myself that I managed to settle Jae back to his cot yesterday night, let's hope 'this' won't last long.

Jaeden @8 months <18 Mar 2012>
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment